In-Office Teeth Whitening
Are you interested in brightening your smile? If so, you’ll love what Dr. Vazira can do for you with her in-office teeth whitening. For over 20 years, our practice has transformed smiles in Burbank. Take a look at some of our patient reviews and galleries to see the work that we’ve accomplished.
What Is In-Office Teeth Whitening?
The whitening procedure at a dental office is not complicated. Nevertheless, because professional strength whitening and equipment is used, it takes skill to prevent injury. One of the most common problems that occur with do-it-yourself whiteners are gum injuries. In an office setting, these dangers are preventable since the patient is in the hands of professional staff.
Brighten your Smile Today with Professional Teeth Whitening
Burbank In-Office Teeth Whitening
We believe in restoring naturally beautiful smiles. As part of that endeavor, our cosmetic practice features in-office dental cleanings and teeth whitening solutions. The entire cleaning session typically takes about 60 to 90 minutes. First, a consultation is given where Dr. Vazira exams the patient’s teeth and gums. The next steps are as follows:
- Images and a record of the shades of your teeth are taken.
- A dental pumice is used for polishing. This is a grainy substance that is useful in removing any build up of plaque on teeth surfaces.
- Gauze is inserted in areas of the mouth to keep the teeth dry. We may make use of retractors to separate lips, cheeks, and tongue from the solution used for teeth whitening.
- To protect you gumline, a dental assistant or hygienist will place a barrier over your gums. Doing so prevents exposure to the solution.
- The front surfaces of your teeth are coated in the whitening solution. The composition of the solution is typically carbamide or hydrogen peroxide as the active ingredient.
- Most whitening solutions are activated by a curing laser of light. The solution usually rests on the surface of the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes. It may be reapplied to maximize results.
- After the desire shade is accomplished, we rinse your teeth and apply fluoride to reduce teeth sensitivity.
- After the procedure, a set of images are taken to compare with the original images (a before and after is archived).
Whiter teeth and a more attractive smile will boost your self-confidence. After you have undergone the procedure, you need to adhere to the post-whitening care directions. With proper oral hygiene, you will be able to keep your teeth white and attractive.
Post Whitening Procedures
After the completion of an in-office whitening treatment, we’ll give you post care instructions. The information provided will help you maintain your whitening treatment. The first 24 hours are very important because your teeth will be more susceptible to staining.
Schedule a Teeth Whitening consultation today with Dr. Vazira.
Dr. Tatiana Vazira is a highly trained and recommended dentist with over two decades of dental expertise. She understands that every patient is not capable of safely utilizing teeth bleaching or whitening procedures. Hence, every patient undergoes comprehensive exams to verify that their oral health is at a level to withstand the treatment.